Monday, March 14, 2011

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention



The Centers for Diseases Control and Prevention is a government job under the U.S. department of Health and Human Services. If you are interested in public health this is the place to be because whatever your niche is they have a spot for you. Not only does the CDC cater to public health professions it is in Atlanta, Georgia, which is a great urban location. I like the fact that I would not be too terribly far from Tampa or Fort Lauderdale, just a short plane ride away. I have always wanted to work at the CDC and honestly it’s probably the only place up north I would relocate to because I hate snow. This employer is also perfect for people that do not want to work on the same things all the time, every day the CDC set the new rules and regulation pertaining to new outbreaks and disseminates that information to local sectors. I’ve also noticed that the CDC generally pays very well. The particular job I was looking into in the health policy department has a yearly salary range of $118,846.00 - $154,501.00 and most of the jobs offered at the CDC are around that figure +/- 20,000 dollars. You also receive excellent benefits including dental and vision. If you like to be in the know when it comes to public health then the CDC is for you.

1 comment:

  1. The CDC seems like a possible organization to work for. I have been to Atlanta and found it be a very comfortable setting to live in. I personally resided in that city for a few years when I was younger but never knew exactly how close I was to a strong organization in the sector of Public Health. If you wanted to look at another organization similar to the CDC, then I would say you should look into the World Health Organization. This organization involves itself in different programs. I just recently was looking at one of the job opportunities that the organization offers in Lima, Peru. You would be working for 9 months with local Tuberculosis prevention and control programs. The difference would be that you would be working on an international level instead of the national level that the CDC covers.

    ReplyDelete