Monday, March 14, 2011

Leprino Foods

Leprino Foods is a private company that produces cheeses and whey products worldwide. The company is located in Tracy, California, although they have other locations as well. The position I was interested in at this company was Safety Supervisor. This position required at least a bachelors degree and 2-5 years experience. If your wondering what a food company has to do with public health, I can explain. The company produces food in factories, or industrial settings, which usually involves large machines or potentially dangerous equipment. That is where my job comes in. As a safety supervisor, you must make sure everyone is following guidelines and procedures in order to ensure safety for workers. This helps save money on workers compensation claims for injuries on the job. The job focuses on maintaining the health and safety of the employees at the company.
I am interested in Environmental Occupational Health aspects of public health. I was originally looking for jobs in the field of Industrial Hygiene, but found that I am really going to need more science background or engineering background. I actually found my way to public health because my last major, Medical Technology, was too much chemistry for me to handle. Now I feel like I am gonna have to probably take a few more science classes in order to pursue a career in the area of Environmental Occupational Health.

No comments:

Post a Comment