Wednesday, March 16, 2011

World Health Organization



The one employer that has caught my attention is the World Health Organization. Its main offices are located in the country of Switzerland. It is a non-profit that has focused on aiding those communities that are a part of the United Nations. I would like to work with this organization because I find that it follows the same ideals that I have supported my entire life. I have seen how productive it has been in alleviating the problems of developing countries. I have also been fond of the idea of traveling outside the United States and I would feel that this organization would open up the opportunity for me to work in different parts of the world. The one negative I have seen with working with the World Health Organization is that I would be working away from home and with different cultures. I would consider this a small negative because I could later turn it into a positive as I slowly become used to being outside my own comfort zone. As I continued my work in Public Health, I have noticed how strongly involved the World Health Organization has been. Through my course work, this organization has been informative in the different illness that plagues the world. My own personal involvement has been with a culture within a culture and I have felt that this organization has helped on my insight on how to approach them.

No comments:

Post a Comment